IB Diploma Programme
What is the DP?
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) is an assessed programme for students aged 16 to 19. It is respected by leading universities across the globe.
What the DP offers students
Through the DP, schools are able to develop students who:
- have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
- flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- study at least two languages
- excel in traditional academic subjects
- explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course
- Increased second language instruction
- International curriculum standards
- Enrichment extracurricular activities
- Tutorial guidance
- Community service & co-curricular requirements
- Supportive & collaborative climate
DP in Colégio Mira Rio
Colégio Mira Rio provides a unique blend of rigorous academic standards.
As an International Baccalaureate certified high school, Mira Rio offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme to all of its students.
Colégio Mira Rio has been an IB world school since 7th december 2018.
- Students in Grade 10 take a Preliminary Year that enables them to better pursue the IB Diploma Programme.
- All students in Grades 11 and 12 (1st and 2nd Years) take courses designed by the IB Diploma Programme.
- In addition to the IB Diploma Programme courses and core requirements, students must also enroll in Physical Education and Religion.
- Students are full diploma candidates.
- All students who successfully complete the 2nd Year receive a bilingual diploma.